T : 0131 316 4444 | E : firstname.lastname@example.org
Property, Mortgages & Rentals under one roof
Click Here to find out just how quickly we sell property in your area
Internal And Externally
Taking Care Of Internal And External Issues
- Clear out leaves and debris from roof gutters, hopper heads and ground level rainwater drains.
- Examine gutters/downpipes after a heavy rain fall for leakage or overflow.
- Ensure that ground level sub floor fresh air inlets in external walls are clear and free from obstruction. Renew any cracked and bossed external rendering/harling.
- Check for loose pointing to external stonework/windows/doors and renew using a competent tradesman.
- Check within roof void for evidence of daylight or moisture ingress.
- Examine shower and bath seals, if there are any obvious gaps or they look mouldy then renew them.
- If there is a crawl space below the ground floor, check for damp or any leaking pipes.
- If moisture is evident on the internal glazing of windows first thing in the morning, consider installing a dehumidifier but don’t leave it on display when selling.
- If black mould is evident in the corners of rooms or in cupboards or wardrobes, consider point of source moisture for example extractor hoods, humidistat controlled wall vents, dry heat sources as opposed to propane gas heating