Activity in Edinburgh and the Lothians has certainly remained pretty buoyant as we move towards the end of 2013. Neilsons has seen a dramatic upturn in property sales with offers coming in right up to close of play on Christmas Eve. Clearly the festive season has not been a deterrent.
Reflected across the whole area, ESPC latest statistics to the end of November show:
- Activity from buyers and sellers continued to rise in East Central Scotland
- In the three months to November, the number of sales recorded across Edinburgh, the Lothians and Fife rose by 24% annually
- New homes coming to marked rose by 22% annually
- 45% of properties brought to market during the three months to November were marketed at an Offers Over price that’s an increase of 35% on the same period last year
- The percentage of sales where the Home Report valuation was achieved rose substantially
- In Edinburgh the average house price rose by 2.6% annually to £211,580
With prices expected to rise during 2014 planning early in the new year could be a sensible strategy if you are considering a house move.